I live in New York City. To say that things are saturated here is an understatement. In volume alone your choices are much more complicated because you have that many more options. Should I take this job over another? Is it Ethiopian or Indian tonight? Should I date this person or that person? Technology and the accessibility of information has only made it worse. Blackberry or IPhone? I often wonder if life would be simpler if I had fewer options or if I knew less about the options that present themselves to me. One can become lost in the endless sea of opportunity. With out clear goals there is no one path but many paths that lead nowhere.This is why projects like Summit for Someone are important. It is a clear obtainable goal that helps give focus to people who need it. Its the ultimate in a win-win situation. It gives clear focus to both the kids it benefits and the those that are climbing for their benefit. We need projects like this to keep ourselves on track. Otherwise we are just floating around trying to navigate the waters and hoping we make it to shore.
I saw the movie "Avatar" the other day and when you see an epic movie like that you can't help but wonder how they did that. It's simply really. They take it apart piece by piece and focus on one thing at a time with a clear goal . The goal is a piece of art that is solid story telling, artistic genies, and a clear picture of a world in which you want your audience to live.
The goal of my Summit for Someone project is three fold. Exceed or hit my fundraising mark. Make a difference in someones life. Make it to the top of the mountain in one piece. From there I am sure the picture will be all encompassing.
To reach those goals I must focus on what will get me there. It seems my choices are clear. The only way to the top of Mt. Whitney is by focusing on three things.
1). Fundraising
2). Gearing up
3). Training
My next entries will outline what I intend to do for each. Noting that intend is the operative word in that sentence.
Hey Steven,
ReplyDeleteGreat to partner with you on this. Best of Luck and we will support you in every way we can!
Alan Ando
Thanks so much to you and EMS Alan! Looking forward to making a difference!
ReplyDelete